Treasurer's House, Martock is a medieval priest's house built from Ham stone.
It began life as the parsonage attached to the village church of All Saints.
In 1227 it was acquired by Hugh of Wells the Treasurer of Wells Cathedral, hence the name.
For opening times, admission prices, etc. please see the National Trust's official site detailed below.
The building has a T-shaped plan. The oldest part is the solar and screens passage block at the back dating from around 1250. Projecting from this is the Great Hall completed in 1293, and next to it, but not connected, is the Kitchen added in the 15th century.
Upstairs, the Solar contains an unusual 13th-century wall painting of Jesus on the cross. He is accompanied by two other figures. This was uncovered in the 1990s when the post-reformation 16th century lime wash was removed.