St Peter ad Vincula
The Church of St Peter ad Vincula in the tiny hamlet of Colemore, is a pretty place despite having had a hard life.
The present church dates from the 12th century. However, maintaining a church in such a remote location proved to be a problem as four times (1308, 1463, 1612 and 1845) it fell into a ruinous condition and had to be extensively repaired.
Originally cruciform in plan, the South Transept was demolished in 1670 as the parishioners thought that the interior was too dark.
The church was declared redundant on 17 November 1972 and was vested in the Churches Conservation Trust two years later.
According to a notice in the church and the A Church Near You web site, evensong is held her on the last Sunday of the month during the summer. There is also a candle lit carol service in December, details of which can be found on the Churches Conservation Trust web site along with access details, etc.